Moderator on Bitcoin.SE
After multiple years of delving the Bitcoin rabbit hole, Murch wrote his master thesis about Coin Selection strategies in 2016. The Branch and Bound algorithm described in his thesis is used at BitGo, in Bitcoin Core, and other libraries. Murch has been working as a software engineer in the Bitcoin space since graduating.
During his years at BitGo, Murch coordinated BitGo's segwit implementation, overhauled the UTXO management for the wallet used by dozens of exchanges, and served as the UTXO Coin Lead. Today, he works at Chaincode Labs contributing to the Bitcoin project full time.
Besides Bitcoin, Murch enjoys bouldering, hiking, and boardgames.
- A collection of introductory topics can be found here:
I am new to Bitcoin, how can I get started?
- Bitcoin♦ 56.6k 56.6k 3333 gold badges156156 silver badges498498 bronze badges
- Arqade 1.6k 1.6k 22 gold badges1818 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 1k 1k 99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 822 822 55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 555 555 33 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 71 How does the Lightning network work in simple terms?
- 67 Can someone explain how the Bitcoin Blockchain works?
- 63 What is a soft fork? What is a hard fork? What are their differences?
- 62 In the ASIC-age, is it worth starting mining Bitcoin at home?
- 61 How does the Lightning network work in simple terms?
- 60 In the ASIC-age, is it worth starting mining Bitcoin at home?
- 59 Give mods/communities better tools for large retagging jobs
- View more network posts →